directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Adjusting the log file location for log4j
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:46:48 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Currently, I am updating the "Configure logging" section in the Basic
> User's Guide for ApacheDS 1.5 located here
> I have a probably simple problem under Windows: I am not able to modify
> the log file location "var/logs". In the "" there are lines

Thanks to Christine, I learned that I have to modify the Working Path of
the Startup configuration of the Windows service. This is what log4j
uses at its root. Or at least when I modify it, the rolling files are
written relative to this location.

I'll document this secret in the Basic User's Guide.

View raw message