directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Sandboxing undocumented protocols (was: Re: [Vote] Sandboxing DHCP protocol)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:18:27 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Just changed the name so we can discuss the other services separately from
> the vote thread.
>
> Note that I think we might want to leave NTP since it is complete from my
> understanding but Enrique would know best.  Also NTP might be needed for
> time synch for Kerberos which needs time synchronization to function.  DNS
> is not needed but is somewhat complete?

NTP is quite simple, so it should be quite easy to provide user
documentation. There is already something available

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/ntp-protocol-provider.html

I volunteer for a simple "Getting started" article about how to enable
the protocol in the configuration and check with a client -- step by step.

Greetings,
     Stefan