directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r543905 - /directory/apacheds/trunk/server-main/server.xml
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:36:46 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :

> On 6/4/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:

>> FYI, I usually used "uid=admin, ou=system"k. This is with this value
>> that I get the exception. Of course, I'm using SIMPLE authentication, as
>> many does... (simply because there was no way to test it with SASL as we
>> didn't had it before the merge).
>

> Where are you putting that value and what exception are you getting?

It's in server.xml :

beans>
  <bean id="environment" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean">
    <property name="properties">
      <props>
        <!-- JNDI security properties used to get initial contexts.         -->
        <prop key="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</prop>
        <prop key="java.naming.security.principal">uid=admin,ou=system</prop>

I get the exception in logs. When you call the ConfigureChain.execute()
method, as now the GSSAPI method is into the activeMechanisms, the method
Subject saslSubject = getSubject( config )
is called. You then get a message about the principal not being found in
the baseSearchDN, which is by default (was ?) set to ou=users,
dc=example, dc=com.

This is a warning, but when you get it in the console, you immediatly
think that something is wrong (hopefully, this user is bound, because
later in the chain threr is the handleSimple class which deal with this
user).

> Are you logging in with that user using simple authentication?

It's a warning, the default level for logs.

Emmanuel