directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r543905 - /directory/apacheds/trunk/server-main/server.xml
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:21:46 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :

>> Yes I agree.  Did you try this after the merge Enrique?
>

> Of course I did.  I continue to use the server.xml on a daily basis.
> I think the issue here is that I always LDIF load a set of users into
> an example.com partition, resulting in an ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
> that always has the entries I need for SASL and Kerberos.  I believe
> my mistake is not adequately testing when the server.xml is configured
> to find users in a certain place (for LDAP, CP, or Kerberos) and not
> actually having the users there.  I will re-test from now on for
> various mismatched configuration scenarios.

FYI, I usually used "uid=admin, ou=system"k. This is with this value
that I get the exception. Of course, I'm using SIMPLE authentication, as
many does... (simply because there was no way to test it with SASL as we
didn't had it before the merge).

Tests are to be done for at least the most common configurations, the
admin user being obviously the most important.

Emmanuel