directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <>
Subject Re: [LDAP] LDAP usage in GRID technology
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:49:00 GMT
A while back I remember a project called EDG (I think it is Euro Data Grid)
that used LDAP to store grid job data and grid user data, but I can't find
any solid information on it.  They had an LDAP schema called GLUE that I
believe was used to store monitoring information in a central location.  I
think that effort gave birth to several evolutions of similar ideas.

I also found this which looks like it
uses an extension of the GLUE schema.

On 6/1/07, Ersin Er <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have been doing some research on GRID technology recently. I saw
> that LDAP is being used in a few places in GRID engines. Can someone
> clarify how LDAP is being used in GRID technology today?
> Thanks.
> --
> Ersin Er
> R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe
> University
> Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project

View raw message