While looking at the SASL branch code for inspiration I noticed that you removed some of the
boolean parameters in the ServerStartupConfiguration (SSC) for toggling on and off the various optional
ApacheDS services.  Previously we had enableNtp, enableKerberos etc.

I was wondering how now the server determines whether or not to enable and optional service?

I noticed that you create default configurations for the various services when the SSC class is initialized.
I was initially thinking you just check to see if a configuration is null but that cannot be the case.