> On 5/18/07, Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com> wrote:
> > PIDs are used by OSGi's Config Admin service.  When a service comes
> > online, it identifies itself by PID.  The Config Admin service can
> > then find a set of configuration for the PID and inject it into the
> > service.  This is how, for example, a protocol service like LDAP can
> > store its port in the DIT.
>
> I guess it does not hurt for us to have it here but I did not think we all
> agreed to
> start adding OSGi stuff into the code just yet.

PIDs must have gone in at least 1.5 years ago, when we did the first
prototype with OSGi.  They are not new.  In fact, that's part of the
reason the fqpn needed updating.

I thought you had that in a branch.  I did not know all this OSGi experimentation
was going on in the trunk code outside of isolated modules like those under the
osgi subdirectory.

Alex