> Enrique,
>
> What's all this pid stuff in the configuration beans.  Also why the common
> configuration bean superclass
> which has a baseDN property?  Some protocol services will not have these at
> all like NTP or HTTP.

PIDs are used by OSGi's Config Admin service.  When a service comes
online, it identifies itself by PID.  The Config Admin service can
then find a set of configuration for the PID and inject it into the
service.  This is how, for example, a protocol service like LDAP can
store its port in the DIT.

I guess it does not hurt for us to have it here but I did not think we all agreed to
start adding OSGi stuff into the code just yet.

True, the baseDN isn't used by all services.  But, it was only NTP
that didn't use it (HTTP is a new requirement) and there are 5 other
services that do use it.  It can move from 1 base class to 5
subclasses or you can wait until we have a real story for
multi-base/multi-realm support.

This is fine.  I guess we just need a different base class for  these 5 special
services where we can pull these additional properties.

We can also do this with OSGi based services as well: having an OSGiServiceConfiguration
base class that extends from the ServiceConfiguration and adds all this PID stuff.

Alex