Perhaps it's not the LDAP or LDAPS service that is causing this.  Is there a chance that we're not
using setReuseAddress( false ) on some other service which is causing this failure?  Perhaps the
NTP service?

This is a long shot since no other services are enabled by default but I thought I'd throw out
the idea.