Hey Chris,

On 5/8/07, Chris Custine <chris.custine@gmail.com> wrote:
The reason it is down is that I was setting up the build server to authenticate against Apache Directory and the product has a bug so it didn't work...  I will get it set up properly this morning so that you can see it.

NP

On the subject of Bamboo, I think it would be a better solution if we had our own installation that we could manage.  Teamcity is not perfect by any means either.  In addition, there is Zutubi Pulse which offers licenses to open source projects.  One question that comes to mind is, are we allowed to acquire these licenses and get someone to run them on Apache hardware?

We could ask for a solaris zone to run our own utilities donated or otherwise.  And yes we are allowed to acquire licenses.

Or will we be installing these and running them externally if the solution isn't something that infra has in place?

Infra often bulks when you ask them to install a new commercial product as was the case with JIRA and confluence however they're perfectly fine with giving us a solaris zone from which we can install this software and manage it ourselves.  I guess infra just does not need more hassle with more products they have to manage.  I don't blame them for it considering the number of projects and the size of the foundation these days.

I can think of at least 5 build server products that I have used in the last 2 years that we can probably get licenses for, not on ein particular stands out of the crowd so we may just have to make due with the one that doesn't suck really bad  :-)

Right.  I think OSS solutions are particularly good since we have access to the source but that might be too much of a hassle considering the state of these OSS products today.  You're right that we just need to pick one for now and get it working.  Perhaps we can re-evaluate again after 6-12 months.

Alex