Yes agreed but I think if we handle some of the issues on that confluence page
our vision will be clearer than it is now and we can properly evaluate this technology.
At that point we'll see just how much overhead it will incur.

Alex

Hi all,

Although I think that OSGi is a cool stuff and we should adopt to it
at some point, I don't think it's the right time at this point. Moving
to OSGi is a big architectural change and it will effect many parts of
the server. So we should all be involved in it. However we have more
urgent matters now on our plate like Replication. I think the OSGi
effort should continue in a sandbox and make sure that it will fit
into the server smoothly. So I think we should wait until we clear our
plates.

Thanks.

--
Ersin