I think this depends on the roadmap features and whether OSGi will be of benefit in implementing them in the short term.  In the long term, I think modularizing with OSGi will be a great benefit to ApacheDS.  In the short term, I think it might be somewhat of a distraction and require too many major changes all at one time.  I think it could be done this way, but I think my personal opinion of it would be to implement a new round of features first and then work on OSGi after the first round...

Chris

Hi,

I know that the subject seems to be totally unrelated to ADS? but as a
matter of fact, we have a dependency on this project, for ADS to be
OSGi-able.

It leads to a problem for us as felix has exited the incubator
yesturday, and for those who have tried to svn up their current trunks,
it generates a failure.

It has now been fixed.

Now, we have discussed a lot about moving to OSGi, and it might be the
perfect timing to think again about moving to it.

wdyt ?

Emmanuel