directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 10:10:54 GMT
Oops,

"I would like to thanks Ceren for *her* patience, ..."

:)

On 5/23/07, Ersin Er <ersin.er@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/23/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I would like to thanks Ceren for his patience, and Stefan + Stefan for
> > their consistent help. Hopefully, we will have a working ADS 1.5
> > working embedded into a webapp, and then we will document it on the
> > site.
>
> s/his/her/ ;-)
>
> > Debugging such issues is not really a funny task, but it seems you
> > found your way through all the problems.
> >
> > I trully hope that Ceren will have a working ADS 1.5 embedded into
> > tomcat by the end of this day.
> >
> > Thanks a lot !
> >
> > Emmanuel
> >
> > On 5/23/07, Stefan Zoerner <stefan@labeo.de> wrote:
> > > Ceren KOKSAL wrote:
> > >
> > > > I tried the example with apacheds-1.0.0 , it has worked:)
> > > > While building, build.xml copies jars from apacheds-1.0.0.
> > >
> > > Thanks Ceren, This is great news!
> > >
> > > > So when I try to run the example, it connects apacheds-1.0.0. How I will
> > > > obtain it to connect apacheds-1.5.0?
> > > > I looked at the code but I couldn't see anything about the apacheds
> > > > path.I think example connects to the apacheds version whom jars are used
> > > > while building the example.Is it like that?And what must I do:) Can
> > > > there be any problem with the apacheds-1.5.0 's jars?
> > >
> > > The interesting thing is, that the servlet connects to the ApacheDS,
> > > which is *embedded* in the WebApp. The listener code starts and stops
> > > it. Therefore the servlet connects to the version which is included in
> > > the libs, the 1.0.1 in case of
> > >
> > > http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
> > >
> > > Your problem has something to do with the build.xml, which copies the
> > > relevant jars to the webapp in target "copyApacheDsLibs". There is a
> > > difference in between what is needed in 1.0 and 1.5.
> > >
> > > For instance, the apacheds-schema-*.jar files are currently not copied
> > > in the build.xml, which causes the problem.
> > >
> > > It is now working in my env with 1.5, but I had to modify the build.xml
> > > for ApacheDS 1.5. Find the one I used attached. Please let us know,
> > > whether it works (you have to adjust paths to apacheds and tomcat).
> > >
> > > We have to create another version of this page for the 1.5 documentation
> > > I'll create a JIRA for that.
> > >
> > > I hope that helps, Greetings,
> > >      Stefan
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Cordialement,
> > Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> > www.iktek.com
> >
>
>
> --
> Ersin
>


-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com

Mime
View raw message