directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIRSERVER-936 & 927 Questions
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 12:24:12 GMT

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
> > - Compare should be accepted whatever the AT is
>
> Isn't it necessary to determine a matching rule for a compare operation?
> How do we accomplish this without an attribute type?

My guess is that if a schema is disabled, then it has been enabled once upon
a time, then all the matching rules are still OK. AT are stille present in
the server as soon they have been declared.

*But* it raises another question : what if we delete an AT ?

If the attribute type is not in the schema any longer, a compare should
> raise an error, I think.

Yes, I agree

Sorry for making the problem even more complicated :-(

If it was simple, everybody would have wrote a LDAP server ;)

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,