directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIRSERVER-936 & 927 Questions
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 12:01:51 GMT
<snip/>

> > Well, my opinion is that when a schema is disabled, you can anymore
> > create an object using one of its AT or OC, and you can't modify an
> > existing entry to use the disabled AT and OC.
> >
> > wdyt ?
>
> Yes, although some more clarification of the semantics is still needed.
> Lets take this one:
>
> dn: cn=Tori Amos,dc=example,dc=com
> sn: Amos
> xmozillanickname: Tori
> objectClass: mozillaAbPersonObsolete
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: top
> cn: Tori Amos
>
> Assume "mozilla" schema has been disabled again after Tori creation.
> Is it allowed to change the xmozillanickname  attribute value?
> Is it allowed to remove the xmozillanickname attribute completely from
> the entry?
>
> What, if the "mozilla" schema have been removed completly?

IMO :
- Add should not be allowed.
- Modify should only be allowed on existing AT, and we should not allow
modification of values for an invalid AT (but deletion of invalid AT should
be accepted).
- ModifyRDN should not be accepted if the DN contains invalid AT, but should
be accepted if the DN contains only valid ATs
- Delete should always be accepted
- Compare should be accepted whatever the AT is

did I forgot anything ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,