directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIRSERVER-936 & 927 Questions
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 11:32:51 GMT
Thanks for you reply.

> Hi Emmanuel!
>
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
> > Now, here are the questions :
> > 1) If the requested Attribute is described in a disabled schema, what
> > should we do ?
>
> During some thinking and testing w.r.t. to your questions, I faced the
> following: Is it possible to have an entry, which uses an attribute
> types of a disabled schema?
>
> I assume yes.

Me too. Searching for *all* entries using a disabled schema is obviously an
expensive operation. The semantic of Disabled should be something like :
"you can read entries which use the disabled AT and OC, but you cannot add
such disabled objects".

<snip/>Please note, that this is possible, although the schema is used by an
> entry. Q: Is this intended?

I guess so. Alex ? Ersin ?

<snip/>
> This is obviously related to DIRSERVER-936. My question: How to handle
> disabling a schema, if there are still entries which use it? I guess it
> is a very expense operation to check this condition ... Or is it still
> implemented, but the way I disabled the schema was illegal?

Well, my opinion is that when a schema is disabled, you can anymore create
an object using one of its AT or OC, and you can't modify an existing entry
to use the disabled AT and OC.

wdyt ?

--
Regards,