directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject DIRSERVER-936 & 927 Questions
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 08:30:43 GMT
Hi,
I have fixed some of the problem we have, but there are more pb. This mail
is just to aggregate the different cases, and to get your opinion about
three points

There are basically two cases :
1) The requested attribute does not exist : remove the Attr from the
requested list
2) The requested attribute is not an attribute (it's an ObjectClass) :
remove the Attr from the requested list

Now, here are the questions :
1) If the requested Attribute is described in a disabled schema, what should
we do ?
2) If we have removed all the requested attributes from the list (point 2 of
the previous list), we will have an empty list of requested attributes. The
server will throw a NPE in this case. I think we should just add the "1.1"
requested attribute in this case. wdyt ?
3) What about collective attributes? Should we deal with this special case ?

Thanks for your feedback !

PS : even if Q 1 and Q 3 are not clarified now, I think we should provide a
patch for the server which handle case 1 and 2, plus the "1.1" attribute for
empty attribute requests after having removed unknown attributes.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,