directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r542072 - /directory/apacheds/trunk/kerberos-shared/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/shared/io/decoder/ErrorMessageDecoder.java
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 06:13:25 GMT

> On 5/27/07, Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com> wrote:
> > With that gone and ServiceConfiguration not extending Configuration,
> > the deps from protocol-shared can be easily removed.  In fact, I have
> > the deps totally removed now and after more testing I will likely
> > commit the changes on Monday.  I also apparently have to move all
> > interceptors into the core.  I have 3 interceptors (password policy,
> > key derivation, and key export) and of course interceptors have tight
> > deps to the core.
>
> FYI, moving the Kerberos-related interceptors into the core means
> putting a dep from core to kerberos-shared.  That OK?

This is OK.

The alternative
> would be 2-3 interceptors in their own module with that module having
> deps on core and kerberos-shared.

Does it make sense to put these interceptors into their own module?  Just
keep in mind
we were eventually going to break up the core which means we might do this
separation
down the line anyway.  Doing it now might save us a step.  Do you see
benefits in not
stuffing these into the core?

Alex