directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] [Documentation] How to release guide added to confluence
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 01:55:12 GMT
Hi all,

Now Emmanuel nagged me over and over and over again until I wrote up this
doco and I'm glad he did that.  We finally have an extensive guide to
releasing shared, daemon and apacheds projects.  You can take a look here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/guide-to-directory-releases.html

Please it will be nice if people review it to see if it is clear.  If not I
can modify it.  From now on I'll just step different people through each
release so different people on the team can feel comfortable with the
process.

BTW note that none of the maven functionality that was put into the
1.0branch to make releasing this easy has been put into the
1.5 branch.  Do we have any volunteers to do this?  Please anyone but
Emmanuel since he breaks out in hives when dealing with Maven :).  Ok I
guess it's going to be me :(.  If no one volunteers I'll just wait until the
next release (1.5.1) on that branch.

Cheers,
Alex