directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r541888 - in /directory/daemon/trunk: bootstrappers/pom.xml plugin/pom.xml pom.xml
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 15:28:52 GMT
OK I think I may be missunderstanding something.  From your commit it seemed
to me
like you were adding a PM (pluginManagement) section to POMs like:

(calling these poms leaf poms)

What I thought was that this stuff really belongs in one central place in
each subproject:
meaning in the root poms of the subprojects like daemon/pom.xml (calling
these poms
subproject root poms).

So are you putting PM sections into the subproject root poms or into the
leaf poms of
subproject modules?

Sorry about this confusion.

On 5/26/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
> Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> > Hi Emmanuel,
> >
> > I don't think you need to add a pluginManagement section to all leaf
> > module
> > POMs.
> True. But I did intentionnaly : if shared is to be compiled as a
> standalone project, then the pluginManagement is already there. Now,
> what I'm not sure of is that we need to have a standalone shared (if so,
> this is good to simply dowload shared/* instead of downloading the full
> project : I was thinking about LS which only use shared)
> Another aspect is that I didn't want to introduce some error in daemon
> and apacheds while cleaning the dependencies, so I added those
> pluginManagement in sub-pom.
> But as soon as the dependencies are all cleaned, I will be able to
> remove the duplicated pluginManagement if needed.
> Emmanuel

View raw message