directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trunk breakage...
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 00:55:29 GMT

> We discussed writing a Kerberos client library, for a number of
> reasons, one of which is to allow port selection like we do with the
> LDAP integration tests.  I think the only solution in the short term
> is to set up a profile for this test.

I would rather comment out the test because if in a profile it will still
fail when the profile is activated by a non-root user.  The best solution
is to comment it out or deactivate the test in the surefire configuration
which is probably best.  Then when the kerberos client is written it can
be re-activated.

This is a better option because it stresses the need to build the Kerberos
client that would really solve this problem.  If we remedy it somewhat by
forcing tests as root that reduces the drive to implement the Kerberos
client.

Alex