directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Problems building the installers
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 15:11:46 GMT
I think this was due not to the SNAPSHOT repos but to the fact that we do
not use
a specific revision for all the plugins involved.

If we disable the SNAPSHOT repos there will be other negative effects.  For
example
when we are on a SNAPSHOT like say 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT then the snapshot jars are

deployed to the apache snapshot repo.  If a user checks out the apacheds
trunk and
tries to build that instead of building the svn area with the dependent
projects then
those snapshots from shared and daemon will not be resolved.  Even worse if
a user
checks out apacheds/trunk/server-installers and tries to build that then it
will fail if
the SNAPSHOT repos are not visible.

I think we just have to make sure we assign a specific revision to all the
plugins we
use instead of not including a revision for a plugin.  This will prevent the
use of
SNAPSHOT plugins I hope.

There is also a pluginManagement section in the pom that we need to populate
so
we lock all plugins to a specific revision instead of allowing the use of
SNAPSHOTs.

Alex