directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Core] About the "extended" subtree specifications w.r.t. several ACI components
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 08:55:38 GMT
Hi,

> Alex,
>
> Bringing this mail again to your attention. Please let me know is
> there is any pb.

OK more in line ...

> So, now, regarding to subtreeSpecification related components in ACIs.

So these are the subterms in the perscriptiveACI attribute syntax and not
the subtreeSpecification attribute in the ACI subentry.  This I think is
where
the confusion lies.

What I am saying is the subtreeSpecification attribute in the ACI subentry
supports refinements using the full LDAP filter which you extended.  However
the inner elements for classes and subtree inside the prescriptiveACI do
not.

This is what I would like to clarify.

They have not been effected by this change because they cannot be and
> we did not want also.

Can you explain why we should not do this?

There are two components that may come to mind
> about this change. First is the "classes" protected item and the
> second one is "subtree" user class. The "classes" protected item has
> the refinement syntax and it is really used for specifying a boolean
> combination of object classes. It can never include regular attributes
> other than object class values.

I know X.500 syntax does not allow it but what prevents us from extending
it as well to use the full LDAP filter instead?  Just curious btw and not
suggesting
that we do it.

Alex