directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Kock, Boris" <boris.k...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Release LDAP Studio 0.8.0 ?
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 08:45:44 GMT
Hello,

The new version of the LDAP browser 0.8.0 solves problems DIRSTUDIO-71 and DIRSTUDIO-74 for
me.

1. The created shortcuts now take care that the program is looking into the correct workspace
under windows. So created connections and preferences are now available across restarts.

2. The empty naming context string in the rootDSE is no longer a problem. The fetch Base DN
option now returns the DNs.

So really good work! Time to throw my other LDAP browsers out of the window(s).

Best regards,

Boris

________________________________

	From: pajbam@gmail.com [mailto:pajbam@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
	Sent: vrijdag 27 april 2007 11:54
	To: Apache Directory Developers List
	Cc: lehphyro@gmail.com; Kock, Boris
	Subject: Release LDAP Studio 0.8.0 ?

	Hi Directory developers,

	LDAP Studio 0.7.0 has been released a month ago. It has been a really great release that
has been downloaded more than 2500 times from the stats we have on the webiste (which does
not include the update site itself).
	We're getting more and more users to know LDAP Studio and also great reviews and very important
bug reports from these users.

	We think that it is the good timing to release LDAP Studio 0.8.0 (according to the work that
has been done, and Apache Con Europe approaching).

	This release fixes some crucial bugs in LDAP Browser Plugin and the Schemas Editor Plugin.

	This release also features two new plugins exclusively intended to be used with Apache Directory:
	    - the ACI Item Editor Plugin, that makes it easy to edit ACIs on ADS.
	    - the Apache DS Configuration Plugin, that allow ADS users to graphically edit the configuration
of their server.

	Here are the Release Notes for Apache Directory LDAP Studio 0.8.0:
	Bug
	[DIRSTUDIO-71] - LDAP Studio installer creates bad shortcuts
	[DIRSTUDIO-74] - empty DN does not work
	[DIRSTUDIO-82] - Export to XLS or CSV
	[DIRSTUDIO-83] - Generated LDIF of a schema doesn't support the m-dependencies attribute
	[DIRSTUDIO-84] - Binding with a bad DN is accepted
	[DIRSTUDIO-86] - No way to specify search on rootDSE in search dialog
	[DIRSTUDIO-88] - Schema export to Apache DS has a spelling error which causes the import
to fail.

	Improvement
	[DIRSTUDIO-78] - Refactor browser-ui plugin

	New Feature
	[DIRSTUDIO-12] - Editor for editing ACIs
	[DIRSTUDIO-76] - Value editor for administrativeRole
	[DIRSTUDIO-79] - Value editor for subtreeSpecification
	[DIRSTUDIO-91] - Add a new plugin for handling the Apache DS server configuration file

	Stefan Seelmann has prepared all the packages for Mac OS X, Linux i386, Linux PPC and Windows
(Many thanks, Stefan). They are available at this address : http://people.apache.org/~seelmann/ldapstudio_0.8.0/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Eseelmann/ldapstudio_0.8.0/>

	Let's vote now:
	[ ] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.0
	[ ] +/-0 Abstain
	[ ] -1 Do not release LDAP Studio 0.8.0

	Best regards,

	Pierre-Arnaud

	PS:
	I've CC'd Leandro de Oliveira and Boris Kock to this mail. It would be cool, guys, if you
could confirm that DIRSTUDIO-71 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-71>
 is correctly resolved with the new Windows installer. Thanks. <mailto:boris.kock@logicacmg.com>

and inform the sender. Thank you.