directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jo Jeeka <joje...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problems using Apache DS for Junit tests
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 20:21:03 GMT
Hello,

After reading this page:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html
 I tried to set up my existing project with Junit
tests to be able to test my LDAP code.

First, I added 4 of the 5 JARs mentioned on the html
page I linked to above (the
apacheds-server-unit-1.0.1.jar I could not find).

Second, I found the AbstractServerTest.java file in
the source area (so I figured I no longer needed the
5th JAR file mentioned in the hml page linked above)
and added it to my project.

Third, I kept getting errors that classes weren't
found (all stemming from the AbstractServerTest.java
file's needs) so I kept adding JARs to my eclipse
project (a screen shot of the JARs I needed are
attached).

Fourth, I finally made it through getting past class
def problems and then I get a java.lang.StringBuilder
NoClassDefFoundError.  I am using 1.4.2 and apparently
one of the includes (AttributeTypeAndValue.normalize
method) was written in Java 1.5.

Any suggestions on getting my Java 1.4.2 based project
unit testing the directory services code?

Thanks!