directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] 2 class files moves
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 15:07:43 GMT

On May 29, 2007, at 7:41 PM, Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi, Directory developers,
>
> I'd like to make 2 moves of classes:
>
> 1)  In 'server-unit' I'd like to move AbstractServerTriggerServiceTest
> from src/test/java to src/main/java.  The issue is that the test
> classes don't get packaged into jar artifacts so if you want to use an
> abstract test outside of server-unit you can't.  This is likely why
> AbstractServerTest is is src/main/java.

I think it would be much better to have one or more test-support jars
for these base test classes that can be included as test-scope
dependencies. There seems to be a way to get maven to put the test
classes for a project into an auxilliary jar, this seems like the
most likely cleanest way to proceed:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/test-jar-mojo.html

thanks
david jencks