directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Internal vs. external lookups
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 19:17:21 GMT
On 5/30/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
> another solution would be to add a flag to the OperationContext which
> is passed through the interceptors, to tell if the request is internal
> or not.
> Those contexts have been created for such purposes.

How would this flag get set when connecting via JNDI?  Today all the
protocol providers use JNDI with CoreContextFactory.  We use
CoreContextFactory to bind users via LDAP (external) as well as
protocol providers (internal) so we couldn't simply have all
CoreContextFactory initial contexts set isInternal() to "true."  We
would need to cast to an interface to setInternal(true) or we would
need a env parameter, such as Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION =

View raw message