directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] 2 class files moves
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 02:41:51 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

I'd like to make 2 moves of classes:

1)  In 'server-unit' I'd like to move AbstractServerTriggerServiceTest
from src/test/java to src/main/java.  The issue is that the test
classes don't get packaged into jar artifacts so if you want to use an
abstract test outside of server-unit you can't.  This is likely why
AbstractServerTest is is src/main/java.

2)  In 'protocol-shared' there are 2 classes for loading LDIFs,
LdifFileLoader and LdifLoadFilter.  I believe these were in
protocol-shared to address a dependency on kerberos-shared.  However,
there is no longer a dep on kerberos-shared, so these classes should
be moved to shared-ldap's 'org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.ldif'
package, to be alongside a bunch of other LDIF code.  These 2 classes
are used by core, namely ServerContextFactory and
StartupConfiguration.

There appears to be a more robust LDIF loader in shared-ldap, but the
one in protocol-shared supports load filters.  They could possibly be
combined at some point.  Or, since we only ever used filters for
Kerberos, someday we could just delete the protocol-shared LDIF
classes and adjust core accordingly.

Can I make the moves in #1 and/or #2?  Comments?

Enrique