directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Unnecessary casts in schema-bootstrap generated sources
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 07:02:47 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

In the generated sources in 'apacheds-schema-bootstrap' there are many
unnecessary casts, all in the same "setNames()" lines.  For example,
in ApacheAttributeTypeProducer:79:

        attributeType.setNames( ( String[] ) names.toArray( EMPTY ) );

The cast to String[] is unnecessary.  The issue for me is this
produces several hundred "unnecessary cast" warnings, possibly
thousands, since my warnings are way past my listing limit (100 of
~11,000).

Is this an easy fix somewhere?  I looked around the bootstrap-plugin
and related files but it wasn't immediately obvious where the
generated text was coming from.

Want a JIRA?

Enrique