directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r542072 - /directory/apacheds/trunk/kerberos-shared/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/shared/io/decoder/ErrorMessageDecoder.java
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 06:46:10 GMT
> > The alternative
> > would be 2-3 interceptors in their own module with that module having
> > deps on core and kerberos-shared.
>
> Does it make sense to put these interceptors into their own module?  Just
> keep in mind
> we were eventually going to break up the core which means we might do this
> separation
> down the line anyway.  Doing it now might save us a step.  Do you see
> benefits in not
> stuffing these into the core?

I think they should go into the core.  The dep burden is minimal.
When it's time to refactor the core then all the interceptors will be
together for review.  As for performance, they need not be enabled in
the Spring XML and I also remember the impact was minimal when they
were enabled.  The main issue would be if kerberos-shared pulled in a
ton of deps but it doesn't.

Enrique