directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Refactoring out the Configuration bean from core (was: svn commit: r542072)
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 06:35:27 GMT
> On 5/28/07, Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can make that happen by moving kerberos-shared and protocol-shared
> > to the shared subproject.
>
> Perhaps protocol shared should stay in apacheds?  However if this
> Configuration class
> is the only issue then I guess it can go into shared.

The Configuration class was the only issue, but it is gone now in my
working copy.  I recommend we just move protocol-shared to shared.

> > protocol-shared should move since it was
> > intented to be shared by protocols.
>
> OK but will it depend on the core once this Configuration dependency is
> fixed?

No, the only deps left are logging and junit (which may even be
inheritable from some parent).

> > I think we talked at one point about
> > moving Configuration to its own module.
>
> Yes I think so but this specific context may not be involved with that.
> There is no need for
> ServiceConfiguration to extend Configuration is there?

No, and it is gone in my working copy.  I'm not sure of the history of
the JNDI_KEY but it doesn't appear to be needed for services.

> > We may need a separate base
> > class for service (protocol) configuration vs. core configuration.
>
> Yep I agree.  I just can't figure out why ServiceConfiguration would extend
> core Configuration.
> Are you using the functionality in it which embeds the bean into the JNDI
> context some way?

Consider the dep gone.

Enrique