directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r542072 - /directory/apacheds/trunk/kerberos-shared/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/shared/io/decoder/ErrorMessageDecoder.java
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 06:01:00 GMT
> I can make that happen by moving kerberos-shared and protocol-shared
> to the shared subproject.  protocol-shared should move since it was
> intented to be shared by protocols.  That leaves core Configuration
> deps.  Any thoughts there?  I think we talked at one point about
> moving Configuration to its own module.  We may need a separate base
> class for service (protocol) configuration vs. core configuration.
> That makes a lot of sense and of course Spring doesn't care.  I
> thought there was some requirement that a core Configuration had to be
> in the env when obtaining a context using CoreContextFactory but I
> could be mistaken.

I did some more checking.  Most protocols had the following line in
their env setup for using CoreContextFactory:

env = new Hashtable<String, Object>( config.toJndiEnvironment() );

The 'config.toJndiEnvironment()' required that every
ServiceConfiguration extend core Configuration or an exception is
thrown for ServiceConfiguration not being an instance of
Configuration.  If I just remove this line, I can make
ServiceConfiguration the base of its own hierarchy and everything
appears to work just fine.  Any clue what that was there for and if I
can just remove it?  Tests pass and the server runs fine in
server-main.

With that gone and ServiceConfiguration not extending Configuration,
the deps from protocol-shared can be easily removed.  In fact, I have
the deps totally removed now and after more testing I will likely
commit the changes on Monday.  I also apparently have to move all
interceptors into the core.  I have 3 interceptors (password policy,
key derivation, and key export) and of course interceptors have tight
deps to the core.

I will commit everything on Monday after I test more.

Enrique