directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r540371 [1/7] - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: kerberos-shared/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/shared/crypto/checksum/ kerberos-shared/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/shared/crypto/encryption/ kerb
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 00:13:44 GMT
On 5/21/07, erodriguez@apache.org <erodriguez@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: erodriguez
> Date: Mon May 21 17:00:43 2007
> New Revision: 540371

So, as you can see, I closed-out the 'kerberos-encryption-types'
branch.  I'll double-check my local machine then delete the branch
entirely.

1)  Of course tests and ITests passed but one thing I'm not sure of is
whether I commented out or properly handled all the places AES-256 is
used or tested.  AES-256 requires the "unlimited strength" policy for
the JVM.  If a test fails on the use of AES-256 it needs to be
commented out.  If something in Kerberos causes an exception related
to AES-256 then I need to re-work how I handle that condition.

2)  I mentioned I would drop a copy of my command syntax.  It may wrap
badly but here it is.  Note on merges to the branch I use "operative
revision" syntax while on the merge of the branch back into the trunk
I use the "peg revision."  I had zero conflicts with these commands.

$ cd ['kerberos-encryption-types' branch]
$ svn log -v --stop-on-copy
r533845 | erodriguez | 2007-04-30 13:25:25 -0700 (Mon, 30 Apr 2007) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   A /directory/apacheds/branches/kerberos-encryption-types (from
/directory/apacheds/trunk:533844)

Creating a branch of the ApacheDS trunk to refactor kerberos-shared
and to add AES and DES3 encryption types.

$ svn --dry-run merge -r 533844:539990
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk
$ svn merge -r 533844:539990
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk