directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL Branch] Shall we merge into trunk?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:26:05 GMT
> I've been reviewing the sasl branch and it looks good but I have not
> completed the whole thing
>  since the changes are extensive.  What ever I did not cover can be
> discusses over time instead
> of holding back a merge.

Cool.  You mentioned noticing some re-org possibilities while in there
and I noticed some refactorings, too.  However, they were outside the
scope of SASL so I held off.  In particular, SessionRegistry is
redundant since MINA will handle this for you.   However,
SessionRegistry is used by that test GUI extended operation handler or
else it would be trivial to refactor away.

Also, protocol-shared is slowing being emaciated so we can probably
find homes for its code elsewhere and delete the module.  The
Kerberos-aware LDIF loader should be removed since it conflicts with
the new and more capable KeyDerivationService.

>  If there are no objections please feel free to merge this SASL branch into
> the trunks.  Even if
> we have some issues with things I'm sure we can rectify them later or
> perhaps you can clarify
> things more for us if we misunderstand your purpose.

Yeah, it's definitely not set in stone.  Getting it into trunks will
get more people to try out the config live and to hit it with
SASL-capable clients.  BTW, was anybody able to test SASL clients with
it?  It works solid for me but I hadn't heard from others.

I will merge SASL after the 'kerberos-encryption- types' branch.  I
want to test SASL GSSAPI with the KeyDerivationService and with AES
and DES3.

Enrique