directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r539993 [1/2] - in /directory/apacheds/branches/kerberos-encryption-types: btree-base/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/ constants/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/constants/ core-unit/src/te
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:01:36 GMT
> Oh good I hope I am wrong here.  I guess SVN is smart enough to realized
> that you've
> applied these changes before.  I just wanted to save you a hassle if that
> was in fact
> the case.

SVN needs some pointers to be smart enough, so the command syntax is
different between merging to a branch and rolling a branch back into
the trunk.  When I complete the merge, I'll drop my command syntax to
the list.  In short, the difference is peg vs. operative revision
syntax:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s03.html

> If most of this work in the kerberos branch is done why don't you just go
> ahead and
> merge it to the trunk.  This is not he sasl branch which has some big impact
> on the
> LDAP components I figure so go right ahead.

I wanted to complete some interop testing before merging, which is why
I needed to merge to the branch to get it to compile.  I found two
bugs which broke TGS so I'm glad I did.  That used up my weekend time.
 I should get a chance to merge 'kerberos-encryption-types' tonight or
tomorrow night.

Enrique