directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL Branch] Question regarding enabling optional services
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 18:22:27 GMT
> While looking at the SASL branch code for inspiration I noticed that you
> removed some of the
> boolean parameters in the ServerStartupConfiguration (SSC) for toggling on
> and off the various optional
> ApacheDS services.  Previously we had enableNtp, enableKerberos etc.
>
> I was wondering how now the server determines whether or not to enable and
> optional service?

Since every service can be enabled/disabled, I put it on the base
ServiceConfiguration.  The methods are isEnabled() and setEnabled().
Note that in Spring xml the property name is simply "enabled," for
example:

<property name="enabled" value="true" />

You can review complete examples in the server.xml in server-main.
This is also in the Confluence doco, for example for Kerberos at [1].

Also note that the default is 'false' but that LDAP overrides this so
'enabled' = 'true'.

Hope that makes sense,

Enrique

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/Kerberos+Protocol+Configuration