directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r539993 [1/2] - in /directory/apacheds/branches/kerberos-encryption-types: btree-base/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/ constants/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/constants/ core-unit/src/te
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 16:00:20 GMT
> Enrique,
>
> On 5/20/07, erodriguez@apache.org <erodriguez@apache.org > wrote:
> > Author: erodriguez
> > Date: Sun May 20 18:53:07 2007
> > New Revision: 539993

> > Log:
> > Merged revisions r533844:539990 from ApacheDS trunk to
> 'kerberos-encryption-types' branch.
>
> You seemed to have merged changes from the trunk to your branch.  This is
> going to now make it very
> difficult if not impossible for you to merge your branch back into the
> trunk.  What's going to happen is
> you'll get massive amounts of conflicts when you attempt to merge.  Are you
> sure you didn't instead
> want to merge this branch into the trunk?

Hi, Alex,

Thanks for reviewing my commits.

This commit represents feature branch maintenance, straight out of the
SVN redbook:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.commonuses.html#svn.branchmerge.commonuses.patterns.feature

Not only is it good practice to keep a branch in sync with the trunk,
I had to do so in this case because the branch failed to compile due
to a change in a dependency.

As for conflicts, I performed similar branch maintenance and merge
back-to-trunk as recently as last week (on another project) and I'm
confident I won't have the major issues you describe.

Enrique