directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] SASL Branch
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 20:25:07 GMT
> On 5/18/07, Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com> wrote:
> > PIDs must have gone in at least 1.5 years ago, when we did the first
> > prototype with OSGi.  They are not new.  In fact, that's part of the
> > reason the fqpn needed updating.
>
> I thought you had that in a branch.  I did not know all this OSGi
> experimentation
> was going on in the trunk code outside of isolated modules like those under
> the
> osgi subdirectory.

"OSGi experimentation ... going on in the trunk code" was limited to
setting a single String constant for PID so we could do dynamic
re-config and possibly a String for the service name, so it could be
identified in logging and GUI's, but the display name was useful
outside of the OSGi work.

Enrique