directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] SASL Branch
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 20:04:04 GMT
> Oh and btw some services like the HTTP service which will use Jetty or
> Tomcat
> is really not a MINA service.  I guess in this case we should not use the
> ServiceConfiguration
> bean as the extended bean right?

Correct.  Likely they have their own mechanisms for configuration.  We
developed these protocols here, so we are doing raw config.

> Perhaps what you mean by
> ServiceConfiguration is really a
> MinaServiceConfiguration?

They happen to all use MINA, but really the distinction here is that
they are all our own protocols.  The HTTP implementations (Jetty,
Tomcat) aren't ours and so wouldn't use our specific configuration
setup.  The HTTP's may have their own Spring beans already.  In any
case, you are right that they wouldn't extend our
ServiceConfiguration.

Enrique