directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] SASL Branch
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 19:30:27 GMT
> Enrique,
>
> What's all this pid stuff in the configuration beans.  Also why the common
> configuration bean superclass
> which has a baseDN property?  Some protocol services will not have these at
> all like NTP or HTTP.

PIDs are used by OSGi's Config Admin service.  When a service comes
online, it identifies itself by PID.  The Config Admin service can
then find a set of configuration for the PID and inject it into the
service.  This is how, for example, a protocol service like LDAP can
store its port in the DIT.

True, the baseDN isn't used by all services.  But, it was only NTP
that didn't use it (HTTP is a new requirement) and there are 5 other
services that do use it.  It can move from 1 base class to 5
subclasses or you can wait until we have a real story for
multi-base/multi-realm support.

Enrique