directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] SASL Branch
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 23:38:51 GMT
> I started to take a look at the sasl branch so you can merge it into the
> trunk however
> it seems the SaslBindTest fails for some reason.

Test log would be helpful but I suspect it is the Kerberos port
binding issue I mentioned, namely that the JDK Kerberos client doesn't
allow you to specify port in code, so it will default to the Kerberos
port, 88, which requires root to bind.

I just ran the tests OK ... as root.

> Also if this is an
> integration test that
> starts up the server you should use SaslBindITest (note ITest instead of
> Test) so this
> test is run when you include a -Dintegration on the command line.  Since
> these tests
> which start the server repeatedly for each test case can take a while to run
> we use
> a maven profile to trigger then when this integration property is defined.

Good point, I will adjust that if you don't before me.  Yes, it is an
integration test.

> BTW where was that document which you wrote describing the SASL work you did
> on this branch.  I just want to read it before continuing to review the code
> here.

Looks like Christine moved it to 1.0?  Did you guys discuss
backporting this at AC EU?  I was expecting this to go into 1.5.1.

Direct SASL page:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/SASL+Authentication+to+ApacheDS

1.0 AUG:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/ApacheDS+v1.0+Advanced+User%27s+Guide