directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ceren KOKSAL" <cerenkok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 17:28:54 GMT
Hi

When I type in the browser http://localhost:8080/ApacheDS/, I get the
message,

*description* *The requested resource (/ApacheDS/) is not available .*

But according to Stefan's advice, I typed
http://localhost:8080/ApacheDS/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/directory/samples/embed/webapp/RootDseServlet

and
http://localhost:8080/ApacheDS/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/directory/samples/embed/webapp/RootDse

but I get similar messages

*description* *The requested resource
(/ApacheDS/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/directory/samples/embed/webapp/RootDseServlet)
is not available.*

I'm sending the screen shot of project directory as attachment.Thanks..

article http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
> >  , and I put it to practice but it didn't work.
> > I didn't compile the application by the build.xml. I used Eclipse and
> > set up a new project with the files in the ApacheDSWebApp.zip<http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.data/ApacheDSWebApp.zip>.
> > After Eclipse created the classes automatically, I created a war file
> > and deployed it to Tomcat 5.5 server.
> > I m taking the error, http 404, the requested resource is not available.
> > I couldn't find the problem.What can it be? Thanks..
> >

> >  On 5/22/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Ceren,
> > >
> > > in the code you pasted at the end of you rmail, you are using the
> > > administrator to connect to the server. Even if this is perfectly legal, I
> > > would not recommand to allow users to do so, as they will gain full control
> > > over the server, and then delete some vital information.
> > >
> > > The best solution would be to create a place in the DIT where you
> > > store the users, with their password, and ask them to authenticate with
> > > those informations.
> > >
> > > I will recommend you read the following page :
> > > http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/31-authentication-options.html
> > >

> > > where this authentication is described.
> > >
> > > I hope this is enough for your need, otherwise, please feel free to
> > > post a new mail for more accurate informations.
> > >
> > > Thanks for using Apache Directory Server !

a uddi schema to Apache ds, I created this schema, based on rfc