directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ceren KOKSAL" <cerenkok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 15:15:13 GMT
Hi

Actually my first problem is to embed Apache Ds in my web application.I read
that article
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
,
and I put it to practice but it didn't work.
I didn't compile the application by the build.xml. I used Eclipse and set up
a new project with the files in the
ApacheDSWebApp.zip<http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.data/ApacheDSWebApp.zip>.
After Eclipse created the classes automatically, I created a war file and
deployed it to Tomcat 5.5 server.
I m taking the error, http 404, the requested resource is not available. I
couldn't find the problem.What can it be? Thanks..

> Hi Ceren,
>
> in the code you pasted at the end of you rmail, you are using the
> administrator to connect to the server. Even if this is perfectly legal, I
> would not recommand to allow users to do so, as they will gain full control
> over the server, and then delete some vital information.
>
> The best solution would be to create a place in the DIT where you store
> the users, with their password, and ask them to authenticate with those
> informations.
>
> I will recommend you read the following page :
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/31-authentication-options.html
>
> where this authentication is described.
>
> I hope this is enough for your need, otherwise, please feel free to post a
> new mail for more accurate informations.
>
> Thanks for using Apache Directory Server !
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On 5/22/07, Ceren KOKSAL <cerenkoksal@gmail.com > wrote:

schema to Apache ds, I created this schema, based on rfc
> > 4403.
> > My problem about the application is that, users will log on the apache
> > ds by a web application using a web browser.Then they will add and
> > search web services definitions, it will work as a web services
> > registry.In java code, while connecting to the server, I'm using below
> > code sample.Users will have user names and passwords.How they will
> > connect to the apache ds, using their own user names and passwords? Will it
> > be like that, I'll connect to apache ds using the sample code below.Andthen I'll
take the user's password and user name , I'll check if they are