directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ceren KOKSAL" <cerenkok...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 22:05:57 GMT
Hi

I m using Apache ds 1.5 and trying to develop a web application.I imported a
uddi schema to Apache ds, I created this schema, based on rfc 4403.
My problem about the application is that, users will log on the apache ds by
a web application using a web browser.Then they will add and search web
services definitions, it will work as a web services registry.In java code,
while connecting to the server, I'm using below code sample.Users will have
user names and passwords.How they will connect to the apache ds, using their
own user names and passwords? Will it be like that, I'll connect to apache
ds using the sample code below.And then I'll take the user's password and
user name , I'll check if they are right or not.If right, I'll give
permission to make operations on directory.If not, I will not .Or will the
users connect to the directory server with their own user names and
passwords without using the below code and the below security options?I hope
my question is clear:) Thanks a lot..

env.put(Context.*INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY*, "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
");

env.put(Context.*PROVIDER_URL*, "ldap://localhost:10389/ou=system");

env.put(Context.*SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION*, "simple");

env.put(Context.*SECURITY_PRINCIPAL*, "uid=admin,ou=system");

env.put(Context.*SECURITY_CREDENTIALS*, "secret");