directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Mitosis] Distinction between leaves and branches
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 00:25:38 GMT
Stefan Seelmann a écrit :

>Hi Emmanuel,
>
>Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
>

>>It would then be interesting to store a kind of virtual attribute
>>which hold the number of descendant within each entry. If this number
>>is 0, then this is a leaf.
>>

>Just for info, there are already some (non-standardized) attributes for
>such information.
>
>hasSubordinates: Contains TRUE or FALSE. Defined in X.501. Implemented
>by OpenLDAP and IBM Tivoli.

Oh! Very instersting Stefan! Thanks for the pointer.

>numSubordinates: Contains the number of direct subordinates, 0 means
>leaf. There is only an outdated internet draft
>http://www.faqs.org/ftp/internet-drafts/draft-boreham-numsubordinates-01.txt
>Implemented by Sun Directory and IBM Tivoli.
>
>subordinateCount: Novell eDirectory propriety attribute, works like
>numSubordinates.
>
>The Studio browser uses this information to decide if a branch is
>expandable or not.
>
>Or should this attribute contain the number of *all* subordinates
>(recursively) of an entry?

Well, we have discussed it with pam and Alex lately, and we have some
kind of ideas. But the info you pushed here are really interesting : we
can even use the same attributes to have a kind of compatibility with
existing servers.

Something new on our plate ...

Thanks again !
Emmanuel