directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LDAP] Parsing LDAP URLs
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 07:12:06 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :

> Hi, Directory developers,
>
> Do we already have support for searching based on LDAP URLs (RFC
> 2255)?

We have full support of RFC 2255 in
shared/ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/util/LdapURL
class

> Should a search with an LDAP URL using JNDI and
> CoreContextFactory "just work"?
>
> Example from the JNDI tutorial:
> Object obj = new InitialContext().lookup(
>
> "ldap://localhost:389/cn=homedir,cn=Jon%20Ruiz,ou=People,o=jnditutorial");
>

> I'm especially interested in the more complex forms, where attribute
> values are specified.

Like in the associated tests :
public void testLdapDNAttributes() throws LdapURLEncodingException
    {
        Assert.assertEquals(
"ldap://directory.apache.org:389/dc=example,dc=org?ou,objectclass,dc",
new LdapURL(

"ldap://directory.apache.org:389/dc=example,dc=org?ou,objectclass,dc"
).toString() );
    }

> I haven't simply tried this but I'll get a chance later this week and
> I'm curious to know ASAP.

is it asap enough for you ? :)

Emmanuel