directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Frontpage Description Discussion
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 13:52:44 GMT
Christine Koppelt wrote:
> i agree with you, that the current version of this description isn't
> optimal. I think we just copied it from a previous version. Feel free
> to write a new text and add it to the site. Not sure if a diagram
> makes sense at this place, this could make the site a bit unclear.
>
> regards
>
> Christine

This is not exactly correct. We took the mission statement from the old
page, but it has been reviewed/modified by the PMC before we have added
  it to the site in February 2007. I remember that we had a discussion
about whether it still holds true, and in the end we agreed.

I would prefer not to simply create a new stetment and directly put it
on the live site, but to create a proposal, and discuss it. A wiki page
in the sandbox would be a good place for that, because we can add
comments there, change it etc. No single developer should be able to
modify the mission statement without consent.

I agree with the both of you, that the current version needs a
refreshment. A picture as an architectural overview for ApacheDS would
be nice, I like this one btw.
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/11-what-apache-directory-server-is.data/50k-ft-architecture.png
but it is also a little bit outdated according to some developers.

Greetings,
    Stefan