directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Documentation] How to release guide added to confluence
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 08:39:23 GMT
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> Hi all,
> Now Emmanuel nagged me over and over and over again until I wrote up this
> doco and I'm glad he did that.  We finally have an extensive guide to
> releasing shared, daemon and apacheds projects.  You can take a look
> here:

Oh, just great ! I gonna reveiw asap !

> Please it will be nice if people review it to see if it is clear.  If
> not I
> can modify it.  From now on I'll just step different people through each
> release so different people on the team can feel comfortable with the
> process.

The best would be to release one more version sson so that we can test
this doco live :)

> BTW note that none of the maven functionality that was put into the
> 1.0branch to make releasing this easy has been put into the
> 1.5 branch.  Do we have any volunteers to do this?

See next note...

> Please anyone but
> Emmanuel

F word to you !

> since he breaks out in hives when dealing with Maven :).

Hey, Maven is not *that* complex. Is it ? Or may be I'm too stupid ;)

> Ok I
> guess it's going to be me :(.  If no one volunteers I'll just wait
> until the
> next release (1.5.1) on that branch.

Just a little point : I'm just in the process of cleaning all the
dependencies in 1.5, so if you are to break^H^H^H^H^Hmodify pom.xml
files, just wait until monday ;)

> Cheers,
> Alex

Alex, thanks for this great doco, I think we needed it badly. Even if
you are the one who were releasing, such a doco is absolutly mandatory
(what about the reference on 1.0-RC4 we found somwhere while releasing
1.0.2 ??? :P )

View raw message