directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [Replication] Terracotta - Maybe We Can Juice It?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 16:02:33 GMT
http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=TerracottaScalabilityStory

I've been peeking at this, and seems like
Terracotta might have a stuff in common with ADS.

I'm at 50K feet right now, but it would be interesting
to see what API overlap there is and if there is overlap,
which API performs better.

The reason I think there's overlap is because Terracotta is
a server that efficiently synchronizes data between multiple
JVMs.  So I think there might be something to learn from it's
network communication layer, especially with respect to synchronization
  / server replication.  I'm totally shooting from the hip though.

Cheers,
- Ole