directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building an LDAP server is not an easy task
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 21:43:33 GMT
Jim,

You would not by chance happen to know of a GPL
licensed open source implementation would you :-)

I think the part about this behavior that is disrespectful
to the Apache Directory community is that you know that it is
targeting having this type of capability, and every time
you see someone looking for it, you slide in an opportunity
to steer them towards "A Googled open source" implementation,
which has the potential of diverting attention from Apache Directory
code.

It seems like you have have had much benefit
from the ApacheDS implementation, and you created something
on top of it that you licensed GPL making it completely
incompatible with our efforts here.

I personally have 0 interest in a virtual directory at the moment,
but I know many of the developers here do, so how about
we give them a break and show some appreciation for what
they have enabled you to do.

Cheers,
- Ole